Treasures of the Nile
- DATEApril 7-18, 2018
- DURATION12 DAYS
Price increasing to $4,625 on February 1st! Sign up today and pay the deposit to lock in the current price!
- Experience what ancient explorers felt as you climb around inside the Great Pyramid.
- Follow the footsteps of Howard Carter, visiting the “boy king” Tutankhamun’s Tomb and observe his mummy.
- Walk with Pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings and see their mummies in the Cairo Museum.
- Go back in time to the Belle Epoque as we spend 3 days on a private Dahabiyah boat traveling up the Nile from Luxor to Aswan taking in Upper Egypt’s towering limestone cliffs and ancient temples.
- Explore the twisting cobblestone streets, buzzing Khan el-Khalili market, and great mosques of Old Cairo.
- Relax and rejuvenate on our optional Red Sea retreat at the quaint, beautiful seaside village of el-Gouna.
- Participate in empowering local women through the good, fair wage tourism jobs this tour provides them. Explore Egypt with an expert local female guide! We call this women-powered travel.
- Discover Egypt with a small-group co-ed tour of like-minded travelers. Limited to 12 adventurous travelers.
Egypt: Treasures of the Nile in 12 Days
- From: $4,195 USD
- Single Supplement: $700 USD
- Dates: April 7-April 18, 2018
- Extend your trip to April 20, 2018: Red Sea add-on available
$3,780 (early bird rate!) October 1, 2017 $3,980 November 1, 2017 $4,195 November 20, 2017 $4,625 February 1, 2018
The Pharaohs, ancient temples and monuments, and legendary tombs of Egypt still draw us in millennia after this ancient civilization. Whether visiting the legendary Pyramids of Giza or diving in the Red Sea or marveling at Tutankhamun’s treasures or mosque-hopping in Islamic Cairo or a pilgrimage to important religious sites – Egypt has an adventure or two for every traveler. Come join us in Egypt and write your own story.
For questions about the tour please contact Genevieve Hathaway at email@example.com or by phone +001 (425) 243-9357.
- Small group of 6-12 like-minded travelers.
- Knowledgeable, engaging local female expert guides who will bring to life Egypt’s rich, complex and important history, as well as, help you understand Egypt and its culture from a female perspective.
- Experienced, knowledgeable, Egypt-expert ArchaeoAdventures’ Tour Director who will help facilitate a wonderful time in Egypt.
- Site entrance fees. This includes admission fees to the Giza Plateau, Great Pyramid, Menkaure’s Pyramid, the Sphinx, Saqqara, tombs and pyramids at Saqqara, Qaitbey Fort, Pompeii’s Pillar, the Greco-Roman Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, Abu Simbel, Philae, Unfinished Obelisk, Kom Ombo Temple, Edfu Temple, Luxor Temple, Karnak Temple, Karnak Light Show, Deir el-Bahari, Valley of the Kings (entrance to three tombs), Tutankhamun’s Tomb, Deir el-Medina, Colossi of Memnon, Coptic Cairo,Old Islamic Cairo, the Citadel of Saladin and Mohamed Ali Mosque, the Cairo Museum, the Royal Mummy Exhibit.
- Dawn Hot Air Balloon Ride over Luxor’s West Bank.
- All breakfasts, and selected lunches and dinners. Meals that are not covered are carefully chosen to give travelers the most flexibility in variety, enjoying free time, and the chance to explore new food they wish to try. Where lunches and dinners are not covered there will still be organized restaurant plans if travelers wish to join the Tour Director at one of her favorite restaurants. For meals which aren’t covered travelers should budget $10-$15 lunches and $15-$20 dinners.
- Tour in-country transportation including all ground transportation while on tour, transportation to and from the airport, and in-country flights between Cairo, Aswan and Luxor.
- Historic, comfortable, boutique hotels each with their own story and place in history.
- Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor in a luxury Nile cruise boat.
- Tips for our local guides and drivers. Our expert local female guides and drivers are highly professional, experienced staff. We take care of all wages and tipping.
- No in-country cash payment. Many tour companies require in-country cash payments. This is a way to keep the initial tour price appearing low, while you pay a much higher price for the tour. We believe in the costs being upfront and no hidden fees. We include all tour costs in the listed price.
- Optional single supplement. Looking to bunk by yourself in your own room? We’ve included a few single rooms for an additional fee.
- Free time. We know how important it can be to have a little time built in for you to explore on your own or simply take a moment to relax. We’ve carefully planned our tours to provide you a balance between structured travel and free time.
Deposit: $500 USD
Tour Cost for double occupancy: $4,195
Single Supplement: $700 USD
Optional Red Sea Extension: Starting at $425 USD. Inquire for rates.
Email Genevieve at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Tour pricing increases as the departure date nears. This tour is currently open at our special end of year rate. Book today to secure this great price. Below is the price chart based on double occupancy:
|October 1, 2017|
|November 1, 2017|
|$4,195||November 20, 2017|
|$4,625||February 1, 2018|
Genevieve’s expertise in Egypt shows! Our tour in Egypt was well run; filled with unique experiences, our great local guide Reham, and so many memories. Food was great. The trip ran very smoothly. Highly recommend! ~ Jon A.
A wonderful trip! As a solo woman traveler, Genevieve and her guides really made me feel comfortable and at ease in Egypt. Absolutely loved exploring inside the Great Pyramid. Our group was great and the Nile cruise was magical! ~ Sara J.
What Sets Our Egypt Tour Apart
Other Company's Tours
|Explore Egypt with an expert local female guide. Economically empower these local ladies!||Mostly employ male guides. Lack of diversity in staff.|
|Small-group tour of only 12 travelers.||Large groups with 24-50 travelers.|
|Enjoy wonderful Egyptian food at local, healthy, clean mom and pop restaurants.||Eat at large, impersonal tourist-focused restaurants.|
|Private Nile cruise in our own luxurious classic Dahabiya. Intimate, personal experience. The boat holds 12 travelers, our guide and the boat's staff.||Large, shared boats holding 100 -300 passengers. Impersonal experience.|
|Our own Nile cruise program, stopping at villages, markets, unique temples, and skipping the lines are the famous temples such as Edfu and Kom Ombo.||The Nile cruise only visits Edfu and Kom Ombo, The temples are packed because multiple cruise ships visit at the same time. Expensive and little to no connection with the country and culture as they travel up the Nile.|
|Experience Karnak and Abu Simbel lit up at night as a small group viewing.||Skip the temples lit up at night.|
|A balance of exploring the iconic ancient Egyptian sites, Islamic history and natural wonders.||Less variety in travel experiences.|
|No tipping! We believe in paying our local guides, drivers, and staff a fair wage, rather than them relying on tips for the bulk of their income. This also helps our travelers budget the full cost of their trip. So there is no tipping of our guides, drivers, staff.||Many other companies pay local guides, drivers and staff lower wages and expect them to make up the difference with tips. We don't believe this system benefits the tourism professionals or the travelers on the tour.|
This Is Egypt
Video Credit: The Egyptian Tourism Board