Jordan & Petra
- DATEComing Soon
- DURATION9 DAYS
- PRICEComing Soon
Be the first to know when this tour opens at our special early bird rate. Join our monthly travel newsletter.
About the size of Portugal, this tiny desert kingdom has a rich, fascinating history and culture to explore. The area was a crossroads of many of the world’s oldest civilizations – Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Greeks, Nabateans, Romans, Crusaders, and Turks — leaving behind rich cultural influences. These civilizations left behind traditions which have mixed together with the more modern Arab influence to create the Jordanian identity and influence the way they live. Most Jordanians are kind, good-natured with a great sense of humor. Arab traditions of hospitality and kindness run deep in Jordan.
Jordan is easy country to navigate with stunning, dramatic landscape to explore. From the Dead Sea (the lowest place on earth) to the famous desert of Wadi Rum (setting of TE Lawrence and David Lean’s Lawrence of Arabia) to the stunning Red Sea, to the evocative cliff-carved ruins of Petra, Jordan is a beautiful country to spend time in.
- * Explore Jordan’s capital city Amman.
- * Discover Jordan’s Roman heritage at the ancient site of Jerash (Gerasa), also called the Antioch on the Golden River. During the height of the Roman Empire it was one of the most important and best preserved Roman cities in the Middle or Near East.
- *Relax while floating in the Dead Sea, the lowest land place on Earth. With 9 times more salt than in the ocean gives incredible buoyancy (and fun photo opportunities).
- * Explore the ancient wonders of Petra, the important Nabataean caravan-city (made famous in the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade).
- * Visit Petra again in the evening when it is lit up by candles.
- * Enjoy the spectacular desert landscape of Wadi Rum. Camp under the stars with Bedouin and explore the locations from TE Lawrence’s travels.
- * Dive, snorkel, or relax on the Dead Sea in Aqaba.
- * Explore Wadi Mujib Nature Reserve. Abseil down waterfalls and wade through the wadi canyon.
- * Catch a desert sunrise at the Dana Nature Reserve, staying at one of the most unique eco-lodges in Jordan.