Trip Dates & Prices
|Upcoming Departures||Trip Status||Price||Bookings currently closed|
|February 25 - March 7, 2017||Bookings closed||$4,780|
For questions on an upcoming tour contact ArchaeoAdventures’ Director, Genevieve Hathaway at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +001 (425) 243-9357.
|Tour: Egypt, Treasures of the Nile |
Upcoming Dates: February 25 - March 7, 2017
Number of Days: 11 (Optional Red Sea extension)
Cost: $4,780 (based on double occupancy)
Single Supplement: $900
Red Sea Extension: Starting at $650 for two night stay
Type: Women-Only Tour
Unique Feature: Explore Egypt with our knowledgeable and engaging local female guides. Optional Red Sea add on.
Trip Size: Minimum 6 travelers, maximum 12 travelers.
|* Detailed Itinerary
* What's Included
* Cost Details
* Is this tour right for you?
* Activity Level
* Visa Info
* Tour Fine Print
The Pharaohs, ancient temples and monuments, and legendary tombs of Egypt still draw us in millennia after this ancient civilization. Whether visiting the legendary Pyramids of Giza or diving in the Red Sea or marveling a Tutankhamun’s treasures or mosque-hopping in Islamic Cairo or a pilgrimage to important religious sites – Egypt has an adventure or two for every traveler. Come join us #OnAdventure with ArchaeoAdventures on one of our upcoming women-powered travel trips to Egypt and write your own story.
- Experience what ancient explorers must have felt as you climb around inside the Great Pyramid.
- Follow the footsteps of Howard Carter, visiting the “boy king” Tutankhamun’s Tomb and observe his mummy.
- Trace the path of Pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings and see their mummies in the Cairo Museum.
- Go back in time to the Belle Époque as we spend 3 days on a luxurious Dahabiya (traditional Egyptian sail boat) traveling up the Nile from Aswan to Luxor, taking in Upper Egypt’s towering limestone cliffs and ancient temples.
- Explore the twisting cobblestone streets, buzzing Khan el-Khalili market, and great mosques of Old Cairo.
Day 0: Cairo
- We begin our exploration of Egypt in the capitol city of Cairo.
- You will be met at the airport by an member of our staff, helped with the customs procedures and transferred to our boutique hotel.
- Get to know your fellow travelers in the evening at the trip orientation.
Day 1: The Great Pyramid, Giza Plateau, Saqqara’s Step Pyramid
- Explore some of Egypt’s most famous tombs and monuments at the Giza Plateau and Saqqara.
- Climb around inside the Great Pyramid.
- Explore the Giza Plateau and take a camel ride to the perfect spot to photograph the pyramids of Giza.
- Marvel at Egypt’s first pyramid at Saqqara designed by the famous architect Imhotep.
- Enjoy the best Egyptian cuisine in Cairo at our Welcome Dinner.
Day 2: Alexandria
- Explore Alexandria, the Delta city founded by Alexander the Great.
- Visit Qaitbey Fort, location of the Pharos Lighthouse, one of the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World.
- Take in the merging of art styles in the Greco-Roman Catacombs.
- Enjoy the Mediterranean sea walking on Alexandria’s sweeping corniche.
Day 3: Abu Simbel and Alexandria
- Explore Abu Simbel, Ramses II famous temple complex – a celebration of his reign and accomplishments.
- Learn the groundbreaking effort to preserve and move Abu Simbel when the Aswan dam was built.
- Explore The First Cataract on a traditional Felucca.
- Dine on local Nubian cuisine.
Day 4: Aswan and Historic Dahabiya Nile Cruise
- Explore Aswan, where the Nile Valley ends and ancient Nubia begins.
- Visit Philae – the prettiest temple in Egypt.
- See how the ancient Egyptians quarried and transported the massive granite sculptures and obelisks.
- Board our beautiful traditional Nile cruise ship and set sail down the Nile.
Day 5: Nile Cruise and Kom Ombo Temple
- Explore one of the best preserved temples in Egypt at Kom Ombo.
- Learn about the cult around the god of the Nile, Sobek.
- Sip Hibiscus tea or Arabic coffee as massive limestone cliffs, small villages and ancient temples pass by as our ship travels up the Nile.
- Catch a spectacular sunset over the Nile River while relaxing on the deck of our Nile cruise boat.
Day 6: Nile Cruise and Edfu Temple
- Discover one of the best preserved temples in Egypt, the Greco-Roman temple of Edfu and learn about Egyptian history through the wall carvings.
Day 7: Luxor, Karnak Temple, Luxor Museum
- Arrive in Luxor and check into our stunning hotel situated on the Nile River.
- Learn about the important New Kingdom sites at Luxor and mummification practices in Ancient Egypt at the excellent Luxor Museum.
- Explore the vast 5km ancient religious center, the Temple of Karnak.
- Marvel at the colossal columns of the Hypostyle Halls – the size of old-growth trees.
- Walk through the Temple of Luxor beautifully lit up under a sky of stars.
Day 8: Luxor’s West Bank, Hatshepsut’s Temple, the Valley of the Kings
- Enjoy spectacular views over the Nile Valley at dawn high up in a hot air balloon.
- Visit the Deir el-Bahari, the Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of Egypt’s female Pharaohs.
- Explore the final resting place of Egypt’s most important New Kingdom Pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings.
- Marvel at the boy-king Tutankhamun’s tomb discovered by Howard Carter.
- Enjoy Karnak lit up at night during the evening light show.
Day 9: Coptic Cairo, Islamic Cairo, and Egypt’s Grand Bazaar – Khan el-Khalili
- Discover Egypt’s Coptic Christian history in Coptic Cairo.
- Walk through 2,000 years of Islamic history in Old Cairo.
- Bargain for handmade crafts, bronze, gold, silver and silk items at the Khan el-Khalili.
Day 10: The Citadel and The Cairo Museum
- Visit the great Citadel of Saladin and Mohamed Ali Mosque. On a clear day, from high up on the Citadel walls we can see all of Cairo laid out and the Pyramids of Giza off in the distance.
- Explore the full breadth of Egypt’s ancient history at the famous Cairo Museum.
- Meet Egypt’s most famous Pharaohs in the Royal Mummy exhibit and see the opulent and stunning treasures of Tutankhamun’s tomb.
- Reminisce about our adventures at our farewell dinner at one of the very best Middle East restaurants in Cairo.
Day 11: Depart for Home.
- After an amazing two weeks in Egypt, it is time to depart for home with a suitcase full of memories…and maybe a few mementos.
Optional Extension : el-Gouna and the Red Sea
Relax on the Red Sea in the quaint seaside town of el-Gouna, a favorite spot amongst British expats. Enjoy diving and snorkeling in the beautiful turquoise waters or ATV in the desert on the Red Sea coasts or relax on the beautiful white sand beaches.
NOTE: We do our best to follow this itinerary, but sites can close unexpectedly and without prior notice according to the discretion of the Ministry of Antiquities. For most tomb sites and some temples, there is a rotation between the tombs and areas of the temples open to the public to allow for restoration work. In case of unexpected need to alter hotels, cruise boats or other in-country operators, we will substitute a company or experience of equal to greater value.
For questions about the tour please contact our tour director, Genevieve Hathaway at email@example.com or by phone +001 (425) 243-9357.