Amazon to Machu Picchu
- DATEJune 6-16, 2018
- DURATION10 DAYS
This peru tour is currently open at a special early bird rate. sign up today and pay the deposit to lock in this best price!
- Marvel at the wonders of Machu Picchu, the impressive Incan citadel built into a dramatic location on a mountain in the rugged Andes mountains 2,430 meters about sea level.
- Discover the wonders and wildlife of the Amazon Rainforest. Spot the world’s smallest monkey (the Pygmy Marmoset), smallest bats, the unique pink river dolphins, sloths, piranhas, Spider Monkeys, archaic birds, and other exotic wildlife.
- Learn about the Incan culture, history, architecture and marvel at their mastery of agricultural invention and building at sites such as Ollantaytambo and Saksaywaman.
- Enjoy the stunning beauty of the Sacred Valley.
- Dine on the best Peruvian cuisine at a unique restaurants located in one Lima’s famous huaca’s – ancient Incan temples.
- Dive into Lima’s famous culinary scene and let your taste buds discover why it has consistently been voted the number one country for food..
- Explore Peru with a small-group tour of like-minded travelers. Limited to 8 adventurous travelers.
Peru: Amazon to Machu Picchu 10 Days
- Starting city: Lima
- Ending city: Lima
- Single Supplement:$600
- Dates:June 6-16, 2018
$3495 January 22, 2018 $3600 March 1, 2018 $3845 April 6, 2018
The legendary site of Machu Picchu – the impressive Incan citadel built into a dramatic location on a mountain in the rugged Andes mountains 2,430 meters about sea level. The wonders and wildlife of the Amazon Rainforest. World-renowned cuisine. Marvel at their mastery of agricultural invention and building at sites such as Ollantaytambo and Saksaywaman. Learn about the culture, history, architecture of the Incans. Meet the friendly locals. Peru has an adventure or two for every kind of traveler. Below learn about this Peru tour.
- Small group of 4-8 like-minded, adventurous travelers. Minimum of 4 travelers for this tour to depart.
- Knowledgeable, engaging local female expert guides who will bring to life Peru’s rich, complex and important history, as well as, help you understand Peru and its culture from a female perspective.
- Guided tours of the Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo, Cuzco, Saksaywaman, and Machu Picchu.
- Expert naturalist guide in the Amazon rainforest. Guided walks and canoe trips. 3 day special Amazon wildlife program at the Pacaya Samiria Reserve, including staying in an eco-lodge.
- Experienced, knowledgeable, Peru-expert ArchaeoAdventures’ Tour Director who will help facilitate a wonderful time in Peru. This tour will include 2 Tour Director’s, including one who was born and raised in Peru.
- Site entrance fees. This includes admission fees to Machu Picchu, Ollantaytambo, Saksaywaman, Qorikancha, Huaca Pucllana, and the Manatee reserve in Iquitos.
- Amazon Rainforest 3 day nature program.
- A visit with local women leaders to one of the hill communities around Lima.
- Farewell dinner at a well-preserved huaca (Incan temple). Special guided walk through the temple lit at night after dinner.
- All guide and driver tips.We like to treat our guides as staff. We provide our guides with good, fair wages rather than making them rely on tips.
- Breakfasts, and many lunches and dinners.
- All tour in-country transportation including all ground transportation while on tour and all in-country flights.
- Scenic train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Historic, comfortable, boutique hotels each with their own story and place in history.
Airport transfer to the hotel on arrival on Day 1 and airport transfer on departure Day 11 are NOT included in the tour price. We can arrange these transfers for an extra cost. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the arrival and departure airport pick up and drop off. Note: Our experienced guides will work hard to show us all wildlife that inhabit Pacaya Samiria Reserve, though spotting specific wildlife cannot be guaranteed. The Amazon Rainforest is a wild jungle and animals cannot be guaranteed to appear. This region of the Amazon has some of the highest levels of biodiversity and we will still see lots and lots of wildlife every day. Our Amazon eco-lodge is deep in the Amazon rainforest, giving us unique, unparalleled access to the wildlife, jungle canopy, Amazon river and its tributaries and national reserves. Note: We will spend 3 days at this eco-lodge without air conditioning or fans in hot, humid weather. There is electricity from solar panels for lights, hot water, and communal charging stations in the main dining room.
|$3495||January 22, 2018|
|$3600||March 1, 2018|
|$3845||April 6, 2018|
What Sets Our Peru Tour Apart
Other Company's Tours
|Explore Peru with an expert local female guide. Economically empower these local ladies!||Mostly employ male guides. Lack of diversity in staff.|
|Small-group tour of only 8 travelers.||Large groups with 20-30 travelers.|
|Enjoy wonderful Peruvian food at local, healthy, clean mom and pop restaurants.||Eat at large, impersonal tourist-focused restaurants.|
|Private Amazon guided walks and canoe excursions in boats with 4-6 travelers exploring deep into the rainforest.||Large boat tours of the Amazon most on the main river and not deep into the rainforest.|
|Unique eco-lodge experience at the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve in the Amazon rainforest.||Most other tour companies stay at hotel like lodges near Iquitos, a few hours boat ride from the Amazon.|
|Dinner at an ancient Incan hauca (temple) at night lit up under the stars.||Most tour companies are too large to dine at small, unique establishments. And thus miss out on some of Peru's most unique, memorable and to-notch restaurants.|
|Timing arrival at Machu Picchu to miss the crowds.||Arriving at Machu Picchu at the peak entrance times when the site is the busiest.|
|No tipping! We believe in paying our local guides, drivers, and staff a fair wage, rather than them relying on tips for the bulk of their income. This also helps our travelers budget the full cost of their trip. So there is no tipping of our guides, drivers, staff.||Many other companies pay local guides, drivers and staff lower wages and expect them to make up the difference with tips. We don't believe this system benefits the tourism professionals or the travelers on the tour.|
This Is Peru
Video Credit: Visit Peru