Amazon to Machu Picchu
- Marvel at the wonders of Machu Picchu, the impressive Incan citadel built into a dramatic location on a mountain in the rugged Andes mountains 2,430 meters about sea level.
- Discover the wonders and wildlife of the Amazon Rainforest. Spot the world’s smallest monkey (the Pygmy Marmoset), smallest bats, the unique pink river dolphins, sloths, piranhas, Spider Monkeys, archaic birds, and other exotic wildlife.
- Learn about the Incan culture, history, architecture and marvel at their mastery of agricultural invention and building at sites such as Ollantaytambo and Saksaywaman.
- Enjoy the stunning beauty of the Sacred Valley.
- Dine on the best Peruvian cuisine at a unique restaurants located in one Lima’s famous huaca’s – ancient Incan temples.
- Dive into Lima’s famous culinary scene and let your taste buds discover why it has consistently been voted the number one country for food..
- Explore Peru with a small-group tour of like-minded travelers. Limited to 8 adventurous travelers.
Peru: Amazon to Machu Picchu 10 Days
- Starting city: Lima
- Ending city: Lima
- Single Supplement:TBD
The legendary site of Machu Picchu – the impressive Incan citadel built into a dramatic location on a mountain in the rugged Andes mountains 2,430 meters about sea level. The wonders and wildlife of the Amazon Rainforest. World-renowned cuisine. Marvel at their mastery of agricultural invention and building at sites such as Ollantaytambo and Saksaywaman. Learn about the culture, history, architecture of the Incans. Meet the friendly locals. Peru has an adventure or two for every kind of traveler. Below learn about this Peru tour.[accordion] [toggle title=”Itinerary”] Download the Peru: Amazon to Machu Picchu Tour detailed itinerary. For questions about the tour please contact us at [email protected] or by phone +1 (856) 272-4236. [/toggle] [toggle title=”What’s Included”]
- Small group of 4-8 like-minded, adventurous travelers. Minimum of 4 travelers for this tour to depart.
- Knowledgeable, engaging local female expert guides who will bring to life Peru’s rich, complex and important history, as well as, help you understand Peru and its culture from a female perspective.
- Guided tours of the Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo, Cuzco, Saksaywaman, and Machu Picchu.
- Expert naturalist guide in the Amazon rainforest. Guided walks and canoe trips. 3 day special Amazon wildlife program at the Pacaya Samiria Reserve, including staying in an eco-lodge.
- Experienced, knowledgeable, Peru-expert ArchaeoAdventures’ Tour Director who will help facilitate a wonderful time in Peru. This tour will include 2 Tour Director’s, including one who was born and raised in Peru.
- Site entrance fees. This includes admission fees to Machu Picchu, Ollantaytambo, Saksaywaman, Qorikancha, Huaca Pucllana, and the Manatee reserve in Iquitos.
- Amazon Rainforest 3 day nature program.
- A visit with local women leaders to one of the hill communities around Lima.
- Farewell dinner at a well-preserved huaca (Incan temple). Special guided walk through the temple lit at night after dinner.
- All guide and driver tips.We like to treat our guides as staff. We provide our guides with good, fair wages rather than making them rely on tips.
- Breakfasts, and many lunches and dinners.
- All tour in-country transportation including all ground transportation while on tour and all in-country flights.
- Scenic train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Historic, comfortable, boutique hotels each with their own story and place in history.
Airport transfer to the hotel on arrival on Day 1 and airport transfer on departure Day 11 are NOT included in the tour price. We can arrange these transfers for an extra cost. Email us at [email protected] to arrange the arrival and departure airport pick up and drop off. Note: Our experienced guides will work hard to show us all wildlife that inhabit Pacaya Samiria Reserve, though spotting specific wildlife cannot be guaranteed. The Amazon Rainforest is a wild jungle and animals cannot be guaranteed to appear. This region of the Amazon has some of the highest levels of biodiversity and we will still see lots and lots of wildlife every day. Our Amazon eco-lodge is deep in the Amazon rainforest, giving us unique, unparalleled access to the wildlife, jungle canopy, Amazon river and its tributaries and national reserves. Note: We will spend 3 days at this eco-lodge without air conditioning or fans in hot, humid weather. There is electricity from solar panels for lights, hot water, and communal charging stations in the main dining room. [/toggle] [toggle title=”Cost Details”] Our tour prices are an excellent value and a good investment, while also reflecting our beliefs in responsible travel. We believe that part of responsible tourism, of traveling with intention and being accountable for our choices, is using the economic power of travel to employ qualified and talented local women guides. We empower local women as equal wage earners and help provide them the resources to continue to support their families through fair wage jobs. When you book a trip with ArchaeoAdventures you are actively helping economically empower women in Peru. [/toggle] [toggle title=”Is this tour right for you?”] Can you enjoy traveling in a developing nation? Peru is a developing nation that has been steadily moving through a fast period of growth and change. It’s an exciting and fascinating time to experience Peru. Peru is changing and growing fast – they are building a metro in Lima which is nearly complete, the tap water is drinkable in Lima, the in-country long distance service is excellent and food quality is top-notch. You will experience the fascinating ancient Incan culture and traditions, learn about Peru’s interesting Incan, Spanish and modern history, meet friendly locals, enjoy the warmth and hospitality of Peruvians, and enjoy the stunning natural beauty of the Amazon rainforest, the High Andes, and Machu Picchu. This trip requires moderate activity level – sustained walking up steps at high altitude, sustained walking for 2-3 hours over rough terrain, cobblestone, hills, at altitude and in the heat unassisted. Some days you may be on your feet for the majority of the day with only short breaks. A few days there will be a full day of travel combining plane travel and driving. This trip is not appropriate for travelers using walkers, wheelchairs, other mobility aids, or who cannot stand on their feet for 2-3 hours while visiting sites and cities. Our Amazon eco-lodge is deep in the Amazon rainforest, giving us unique, unparalleled access to the wildlife, jungle canopy, Amazon river and its tributaries and national reserves. Note: We will spend 3 days at this ecolodge without air conditioning or fans in hot, humid weather. There is electricity from solar panels for lights, hot water, and communal charging stations in the main dining room. If you do not think you’ll be able to meet this level of activity requirement, or you have any questions or concerns please email our helpful staff at [email protected] [/toggle] [toggle title=”Activity level”] This trip requires moderate activity level – sustained walking up steps at high altitude, sustained walking for 2-3 hours over rough terrain, cobblestone, hills, at altitude and in the heat unassisted. Some days you may be on your feet for the majority of the day with only short breaks. A few days there will be a full day of travel combining plane travel and driving. This trip is not appropriate for travelers using walkers, wheelchairs, other mobility aids, or who cannot stand on their feet for 2-3 hours while visiting sites and cities. [/toggle] [toggle title=”Safety”] We place the safety of our travelers and staff as our top priority. We are continuously in close contact with our knowledgeable on-the-ground staff, network of in-country partners and the US State Department. We update our site with the most current safety situation. If at any time safety becomes an issue we will alter the trip itinerary or, if absolutely necessary, cancel, post-pone a trip, or end a tour early. Our local guides and tour director will be closely monitoring the situation while the tours are in-progress to ensure that every tour is safe, though currently we do not anticipate any need to change the itinerary of our upcoming tours. So is Peru safe? Yes. Peru is safer than most big cities in the US. [/toggle] [toggle title=”Visa Information”] Visas for Peru vary depending on your country which issued your passport. Make sure you have a few empty pages in your passport and that your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond the end of the tour. Peru tourist visa is not required for citizens of United States for a stay up to 30 days. For European, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and other countries check with your state department for your Peru visa requirements. [/toggle] [toggle title=”Tour Fine Print”] Booking a tour and your deposit: To book an upcoming ArchaeoAdventures tour to Peru a $500 deposit per person is required. Reservations are taken on a first come first serve basis and we do not hold your spot until your despot has been received. The tour registration form must also be completed and submitted. Deposit can be paid by check, credit card, paypal or cashier’s check.The full tour payment is due 60 days before the start of the tour. Rates: Rates are based on tariffs, U.S. exchange rates, hotel rates and vendor fees at the time of tour reservation. Our tour rates are subject to change due to unpredictability of costs, exchange rates, and tariffs. Once you book your tour and submit your deposit (or full payment if paying less than 60 days prior to departure date) the price of your tour will not change. Cancellation Policy and Refunds: We are committed to running our tours and ask that our guests be committed to them as well. We also understand that unplanned for situations may arise which require you to cancel your tour with us. Deposits and payments made 90 days or earlier before the tour departure date are 100% refundable. 90 – 60 days prior to tour departure are subject to 100% refund on tour deposit and a full refund on any additional tour payments made. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds less than 60 days prior to the tour departure date. We finalized all bookings with our vendors 60 days prior to tour departure to guarantee our travelers the best possible experience on the tour. As such, we cannot give refunds on payments less than 60 days before tour departure. Tour Interruption/Cancellation Protection Insurance and Traveler’s Insurance: All traveler’s are required to purchase and show proof of traveler’s insurance which covers overseas illness, trip interruption/cancellation protection, and emergency evacuation. You may also wish to purchase flight protection insurance. Read additional terms and conditions here. [/toggle] [/accordion]
What Sets Our Peru Tour Apart[table id=26 /]
This Is Peru
Video Credit: Visit Peru