- DATEOct 28-Nov 5, 2017
- DURATION9 DAYS
- Enjoy Marrakech‘s wild, crazy and highly entertaining Jemaa El Fna. By day acrobats, snake charmers, dancers and musicians wow the crowds and by night local restaurants have a cook off.
- Explore the twisting medieval labyrinths connecting Fez‘s ancient souks, mosques, and medina — the most complete medieval city in the Arab World.
- Travel through the High Atlas Mountains amongst snow-capped peaks and Berber tribes — the roof of North Africa.
- Take a camel trek in the massive, rolling Erg Chebbi dunes in the Sahara desert, and camp under the stars in this dramatic and wild landscape.
- Bargain for Bedouin-made jewelry, spices and ceramics amongst the blue-washed buildings of Chefchaouen’s medina.
- Explore Morocco with a small-group tour of like-minded women travelers. Limited to 6 adventurous ladies.
Majestic Morocco in 9 Days
- From $3350
- Optional Single
- Supplement $300
- Oct 28-Nov 5, 2017
Mountains, Medinas and the Mediterranean. Sahara, Souqs, Surfing. Camels, Crafts, Couscous. There are too many words to describe Morocco to boil it down to just a simple phrase. Morocco is a rich mix of Berber, Arab and French culture. A land as much defined by its geographic as by its people. Morocco is border in the east by the vast and desolate Sahara desert. On the west is the Mediterranean and in the north and center are a series of rugged mountain ranges. Whether an outdoor enthusiast, a foodie, or excited to learn about a place through its history — Morocco has something for every traveler.
For questions about the tour please contact our tour director, Genevieve Hathaway at email@example.com or by phone +001 (425) 243-9357.
- Small group of 4-6 like-minded, adventurous travelers.
- Knowledgeable, engaging local female expert guides who will bring to life Morocco’s rich, complex and important history, as well as, help you understand Morocco and its culture from a female perspective.
- Guided walks of the Marrakech and Fez medinas.
- Experienced, knowledgeable, Morocco expert ArchaeoAdventures’ Tour Director who will help facilitate a wonderful time in Morocco. Overnight camel trek in the Sahara Desert.
- Site entrance fees. This includes admission fees to the Bahia Palace, Saadian Tombs, Ait Benhaddou, Marrakech’s Medersa, Fez’s Tanneries.
- “Kech Download” Moroccan cultural evening.
- All guides tips.
- Breakfasts, and many lunches and dinners.
- All tour in-country transportation including all ground transportation while on tour, transportation to and from the airport, and all camel treks.
- Historic, comfortable, boutique hotels and riads.
Departure Date: Oct 28-Nov 5, 2017
Tour Cost: $3350
Single Supplement: $300
Can you enjoy traveling in a developing nation? Morocco is a developing nation that has been steadily moving through a fast period of growth and change. It’s an exciting and fascinating time to experience Morocco. As a developing nation many services, systems and levels of environmental cleanliness are not the same as they are in Europe and the States. While exploring the country you will see pollution, poverty, overcrowded cities, and sadly malnourished people and animals. You will also see a Morocco working hard toward finding it’s way to a progressive democracy and finding solution for its economic, social and political challenges. You will experience the stunning ancient Berber culture and traditions, learn about Morocco’s fascinating Islamic, Moorish and French history, meet friendly locals, enjoy the warmth and hospitality of Moroccans, and enjoy the stunning natural beauty of the Sahara Desert, High Atlas Mountains and Moroccan coastline.
This trip requires moderate activity level – sustained walking for 2-3 hours over rough terrain, up hills, and in the heat unassisted. This trip is not appropriate for travelers using walkers, wheelchairs, other mobility aids, or who cannot stand on their feet for 3-4 hours while visiting sites and walking around museums.
We place the safety of our travelers and staff as our top priority. We are continuously in close contact with our knowledgeable on-the-ground staff, network of in-country partners and the US State Department. We update our site with the most current safety situation. If at any time safety becomes an issue we will alter the trip itinerary or, if absolutely necessary, cancel, post-pone a trip, or end a tour early. Our local guides and American tour director will be closely monitoring the situation while the tours are in-progress to ensure that every tour is safe, though currently we do not anticipate any need to change the itinerary of our upcoming tours.
So is Morocco safe? Yes. Morocco is safer than most big cities in the US. Morocco, on the far corner of North Africa, did not experience the same level of large scale protests that most Middle East and North Africa countries experienced during the Arab Spring. The long-standing cultural exchange and influence between France, Spain and other European countries with Morocco has helped Moroccan advance quickly, in many ways, to meet European standards.
Visas for Morocco vary depending on your country which issued your passport. Make sure you have a few empty pages in your passport and that your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond the end of the tour. Morocco tourist visa is not required for citizens of United States for a stay up to 90. For European, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand and other countries check with your state department for your Moroccan visa requirements.
Booking a tour and your deposit: To book an upcoming ArchaeoAdventures tour to Morocco a $500 deposit per person is required. Reservations are taken on a first come first serve basis and we do not hold your spot until your despot has been received. The tour registration form must also be completed and submitted. Deposit can be paid by check, credit card, paypal or cashier’s check.
Rates: Rates are based on tariffs, U.S. exchange rates, hotel rates and vender fees at the time of tour reservation. Our tour rates are subject to change due to unpredictability of costs, exchange rates, and tariffs. Once you book your tour and submit your deposit (or full payment if paying less than 60 days prior to departure date) the price of your tour will not change.
STARTING PRICE $3350